Saturday, January 30, 2016

Veggies!!

We received our Bountiful Basket today. I made granola/cereal, pineapple cake, roasted cauliflower, roasted peppers, baked a spaghetti squash, made pita crackers, and chopped three large mangoes (for smoothies). I also washed and prepared radishes, apples, oranges, orange peppers, and more. We had a good Bountiful Basket this time.

This week we received:

VEGGIES:
3 lb bag potatoes, Lg head cauliflower, Romaine lettuce, Broccoli, Asparagus, Bunch radishes, Orange peppers.

FRUIT:
6 apples, 6 Roma tomatoes, 5 oranges, 4 lemons, A Pineapple.


The produce is fresh-looking and luscious. It not only tastes better, it looks better. So of course I took photos, lol. The colors, shapes, and design of these pieces of produce are exquisite.






3 comments:

Grace to You said...

I checked to see if there is a Bountiful Baskets in my area but there isn't. I think you posted a link to starting a new one (I have it bookmarked) but I haven't had the courage to even consider taking on that task yet. :) However, this post makes me reconsider that. :D

Elizabeth Prata said...

LOL, I know, the veggies are tempting. You could always start a site with someone else and split the duties. From what our former site manager told me, it's not hard and not THAT intrusive into your life...maybe talk with (email) a current site manager to get the scoop?)

For some reason it hasn't caught on in GA the way it has in other places. In other places the baskets sell out in a matter of moments. It's like Black Friday every time the pay-window opens up. I've been glad for that because I don't like competition, but the bad part is that we opened with lots of sites around the state and they slowly have been closing due to lack of participation or lack of site managers. The company is considering dropping GA altogether from their truck route. That's why we had a 2 month suspension of Baskets and only resumed two weeks ago.

Grace to You said...

Maybe it's because so many Southerners have their own gardens and usually enough bounty to share with others...I remember lots of summers practically surviving off friends' and neighbors' gardens.